Normally, we know Tuberculosis which is popularly known as T.B. From childhood days many people know that it is caused by Tuberculosis Bacillus. Many people know that the symptoms would mainly be cough. But it may not always be so. This is why this blog is written about T.B. In medical parlance it is referred to as Koch's.
This is a true story of someone who has suffered from T.B of Spine. I am writing this blog because nobody should suffer the same fate. This person is not myself but someone close to my heart. But, for simplification purposes, I shall tell the happenings in first person only.
Now, the background: I was a medium height and thin person. I could walk any distance without fatigue. My health was okay. I loved travelling. Whenever the opportunity arose, I used to travel.I had a good appetite but not used to eat much at mealtime. I used to eat voraciously in between meals,any snacks that are available at home.
I worked in one city whereas my family stayed put in another city. I used to travel all the way for over 700 kms each week to see my family. Each week, Friday evening I used to catch a train and reach my family's place by next day morning. Vice versa on Sundays.
My family members were quite worried that it carried on for a period of over one year. They convinced me to seek a job in the city that my family were in. So, finally I landed up in here, resigning the job in the other city. But, the pay was less here. I thought okay.
The nature of work is audit. On the first day of work, I had to go by bus to the auditee's workplace. The bus was heavily crowded. I felt a wrong sensation that I have made a mistake by joining in the new job. Moreover, there were too few buses that I had to walk much distance for the bus stop which is situated at other centre so that I could get bus in short time. But, the first day's work went well but physically I was tired. In the bus I was smothered. Outside the bus I had to walk. With all these, at the end of the first day, I got pain in my back.
I worked for over a month with difficulty in bus travel. At the end of the month I got fever. I thought it is only an infection and went to doctor and told about the problem and also told that my back was aching. I took medicines and the fever subsided. Without taking rest, I again travelled to my workplace by bus. This trip was nothing short of hell. I was really squeezed and I regretted my decision to board the bus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good words.
Post a Comment